1. the fruit flesh is being removed mechanically by rubber mills from the pistachios.
All pistachios being used for the blanched pistachio kernel production are sorted manually afterwards and only the fully closed shell pistachios are being used for further processing to provide the safest possible product.
Thereafter the shell is being cracked mechanically in a mill and the kernels are being separated from the shells.
2. To remove the violet skin from the kernel, they are being blanched at approximately 80°C.
This process scales off the skin from the kernel and thereafter the skin, which is lighter than the kernels, can be sucked away.
All remaining skin is being wiped and rubbed off manually during the visual control on the conveyor belt. During this step inferior kernels are also being sorted out.
Thereafter the peeled kernels are being dried mechanically with warm air.
3. The kernels are being sorted manually according to the color in different grades: Super, AA, A, B, C, D, E, Splits.
During this process impurities and inferior kernels are being sorted out.
4. Before packing the kernels pass another visual quality control and a metal detector.
5. Finally the peeled kernels are being vacuum-packed in 12.5 kg net polybags and controlled by a metal detector once more.
Now they are ready to be shipped to the export markets and being used as an ingredient in the meat, confectionary, bakery, ice-cream and spice industry and more often also in the gastronomy.